Resources and links on receiving match assignments for active referees
Make sure you follow these steps to get matches!
- Whostheref Account: To receive match assignments you must have a Whostheref account. This will be automatically assigned to you and info will be sent shortly after you complete the L1 & CIPP. If not, contact email@example.com.
- All match appointments and TRRA announcements will go to your preferred email.
- Match assignments will come through Whostheref and you can accept/decline directly from the email invitation or by logging on to WTR.
- Availability/Calendar: Each season update your calendar in Whostheref within a timely manner. Typically these timeframes are January, May (7s) and August…TRRA will send out reminders each season. NOTE: If your calendar is not filled out, you will not receive match assignments.
- Match Confirmation: The Schedulers are working to have matches assigned 30 days out. Schedulers will not send a confirmation email/phone call once you’ve replied to the invitation. We would recommend checking Whostheref.com for appointments.
Pre Game Day
- Teams should send a confirmation by email or phone by Monday of the week of the assigned match. Please reply to the team to let them know you are confirmed as soon as possible.
NOTE: Teams are instructed to wait until Wednesday for your reply, if a reply is not received, they are to contact the Referee Scheduler for another referee.
- If the team does not send you a confirmation, DO NOT go to the match. Please alert firstname.lastname@example.org so we can contact the team.
- Ensure that playing field adheres to TRU Field Policies. This includes but is not limited to:
- Sideline barriers/ropes are required at any match (friendly, social, tournament, league etc.).
- Barriers/ropes must be a minimum of 5m from the touchline, try line to try line.
- Only ONE Coach/Rep inside rope.
- Collect CIPP Roster
- Ensure this form has their front row players highlighted. NOTE: No club will be allowed to play any players who are not listed on their specific clubs USA CIPP roster.
- Keep this documentation in case of Disciplinary or other Eligibility concerns.
- Collect Front Row Waiver Form from all teams. NOTE: Teams from outside Texas do not have to have this form.
- Confirm scores and discipline issues with both teams before leaving the venue.