Welcome to the 2014 Fall season! A few updates as we get ready to kick off matches…
- New Calendar and Scheduling Software – The referees are beta testing a new scheduling software and that includes a new calendar. We are working to have a global view of the calendar available as we’ve had in the past, but currently it is only available if you are an active user and logged on. We would recommend creating an account following these instructions:
- Go to https://whostheref.com/.
- Click Login on the top right.
- Input your preferred email address in the username field and ignore the password field for now.
- Choose ‘New Users Sign Up’ underneath the password field.
- Complete the required form and and choose the organization “Texas – Texas Rugby Union’.
- Once your account has been activated you will be sent an email notification with more steps.
- If you don’t get an email or have questions, please send email@example.com a note.
- Team Notification of Referee Assignments – With the new scheduling software Teams can be automatically notified by email once a referee is confirmed. Each team can have as many contacts as they’d like, sign up instructions can be found here. Once you have an account you can also view all of your fixtures and updated referee appointments.
- Referee Confirmation – The newly appointed Primary Contact (above, step 2) will verify the assigned referee in WhostheRef and then follow the normal steps to confirm the referee. Logon to the scheduling software and the referee’s information is available there.
- Referee Assessments – These are required for all LEAGUE matches, each team needs to fill them out within one week hours of the match. Get more information here.
As a general reminder, all Clubs and players MUST be CIPP’d with USA Rugby in order to play. Please make sure that you’ve reviewed the TRU Operating Policies & Procedures and Match Confirmation Procedures.
Have questions or concerns? Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The TRRA has yet to issue nutritional guidelines for rugby referees as yet, however this may be something that could come into place should a major sponsor of the TRRA be found next year.