NEW REFEREE REGISTRATION
All you need to do to get started is sign up to one of the many Referee Training Courses taking place across the country. This introductory one day course instructs you in the basic laws with video clips of recent matches and outdoor practical drills, with the course concluding with an exam on the laws of the game.
APPLYING FOR A COURSE IS SIMPLE.
JUST FOLLOW THE STEPS BELOW.
Choose and register for the nearest referee course by clicking here. If there are no current courses listed for Texas, please sign up using our interest form. Are you interested in hosting a referee course?
Not quite ready to take the Level 1 certification? Consider taking the Touch Judge online course with USA Rugby.
TRRA Inc membership dues for the 2023-20234 competitive season are $200. U18 referees are eligible for half off their TRRA dues–they will need to sign up for the U18 membership in RX. Dual Role refs are likeways eligible for a discount but must reach out to their regional representative for their discount.
TRRA ref dues are in addition to the membership fee in order to be registered with USA Rugby.
To be assigned to a match by the TRRA, referees must be a TRRA Inc Member in good standing.
Note that $90 of your TRRA membership fee is to cover the cost of your membership to the National Association of Sports Officials, which includes an individual insurance policy that is generally acknowledged to be superior to one offered to referees via USA Rugby.
Again, reach out if you have questions. RX tutorials follow.
RX TUTORIAL VIDEOS AND STEP-BY-STEP
1. How To Set Up A Rugby Xplorer Member Profile
Video tutorial: https://youtu.be/aZjB1uoHm20
2. Enter in your personal email (not a role-specific email; RX assigns permissions to individual people, it doesn’t require multiple logins for different organizations)
3. You may see “You don’t have a Rugby ID,” not to worry as once you enter more details the system will be able to pair you with your imported profile
4. Select sign me up, and you will be redirected to enter in your personal details
5. MAKE SURE that USAR National is selected and not Rugby Australia
a. If you see “We have found some profiles that might be you!” Please select your profile and click continue.
6. You will be redirected to the Rugby Xplorer profile homepage
2. How To Register on Rugby Xplorer for Season 2022-23
Video tutorial: https://youtu.be/3bzRqKJA0ao
1. Login to your Member Profile
2. Select Register in the upper left hand corner
3. Click on Find A Club
4. Select the person you are planning to register (you may have children as linked accounts)
5. Enter the Club name, select your club, and select next
6. Choose the registration options applicable to you (you can only register to one role at a time)
7. View the personal information of the person you are registering (you can edit this information later, this step ensures this is the correct person)
8. Upload a profile photo (or skip depending on whether this is required by your competition)
9. Update your emergency contact information and answer any other questions
10. Review your Registration Summary
11. Agree to the Terms and Conditions
12. Enter your Payment information to complete your registration
13. If you have multiple roles, eg. coach and referee and player, return to the first step and repeat the process with the new role. All personal information will be retained and dues will convert so you will only pay the difference that is required for your new role.
Familiarize yourself with this entire website. There is ready available information on how to submit Match Reports, Tournament Worksheets, Match Policies, Facebook Groups etc.
Follow Texas Rugby Referee Association on Facebook.
Rugby games can’t happen without referees.
Join the TRRA today and give back to the sport of rugby with a whistle.