The TRRA Referee Conference is this weekend, June 26th in San Marcos, TX.
Purpose: The conference is intended as a vehicle for information exchange and networking between Texas rugby referees, coaches and players.
1. To provide Texas rugby referees with a networking opportunity outside a match/tournament environment.
2. To provide a forum for active discussion of rugby law theory and practical application.
3. To promote consistency and higher referee standards among Texas rugby referees.
4. To discuss ideas for the improvement of the referee training structure in Texas.
Who’s Invited: All referees, coaches, and players from around the TRU.
Where: Jowers Center, San Marcos TX (Google maps ‘Jowers Center, San Marcos, TX 78666)
When: 10:00 am, Saturday June 26th, 2010
Pre-registration: Not required
What to Bring:
1. Dress for Activity – Rugby gear is recommended. Shorts, t-shirt, and athletic shoes will do. Hats and sunscreen are also a good idea.
2. Bring your whistle and law book – the morning session will include active participation by everyone. Running the drills will be hard work for referees, coaches and players. We will work on using ‘law book’ language for both preventative work and applying any necessary sanctions.
3. Bring plenty of water or the sports drink of your choice – water will be provided at the field, but it’s still a good idea to bring your own.
4. Bring swim trunks and a towel – immediately after the conference, there will be a social swim at the San Marcos River (easy walking distance from Jowers Center).
Lunch: Lunch will NOT be provided. We will break for lunch at approximately noon, and reconvene at 1:00. See the attached document for information on local restaurants.
TRRA Central Scheduler
TXST Rugby Clubs